MCEGold® 3.1.2 SP6
CRITICAL NOTE: This upgrade is for Windows 10 users only. Windows 7 users – DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE to MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6. Windows 7 compatibility ended with MCEGold 3.1.2 SP2. If you try to update, MCEGold will become inoperable.
MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 is available for stand alone, network, and PdMA Cloud Services.
NOTE: Upgrading from a version prior to MCEGold 3.1.2 requires a new license key. Contact PdMA at 813-621-6463 ext. 251 for a new license key.
If you have any questions or problems call PdMA Technical Support at 813-621-6463 ext. 251.
|Computer||Dell Latitude 5420 Laptop*|
|Processor||11th Generation Intel Cor i5-1135G7 (4 Core, 8M cache, base 2.4 GHz, up to 4.2 GHz)|
|Resolution||14″ FHD (1920 x 1080)|
|Operating System**||Microsoft® Windows 10 (64 bit)|
|Memory||8.0+ G RAM|
|Ports/Drives||One (1) USB Port in Rear or Side|
|Hard Disk||256 GB SSD (30G Available)|
* Original Windows 10 model shipped with PdMA testers. Using any other computer manufacturer in conjunction with the PdMA software may result in erratic computer behavior; not limited to but including:
- Power Management Issues
- Communication Port Malfunction
- Driver Incompatibility
- Display Errors
- SQL Database Incompatibility
- Network Synchronization Issues
- If you are a Network or PdMA Cloud user there are several additional steps necessary to upgrade, contact PdMA Technical Support at 813-621-6463 ext. 251.
- Upgrading from a version prior to MCEGold 3.1.2 requires a new license key. Contact PdMA Technical Support at 813-621-6463 ext. 251.
- MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 is only compatible with Windows 10 and M-Series.
- If you have a version prior to MCEGold 3.1.2 SP3 a full uninstall is required prior to the MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 installation. See the appropriate TechNote for instructions.
- MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 requires that all SQL versions older than 2017 be uninstalled prior to MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 installation or upgrade. See the appropriate TechNote for instructions.
- Databases attached to MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 must be from MCEGold 3.0.3 SP2 or later and once updated with MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 will not be compatible with older versions of MCEGold.
- Please make sure you allow sufficient time to update your database. Depending on the size of your database, updates may take an hour or longer.
- Assets opened or exported with MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 will not be compatible with older versions of MCEGold.
- To ensure application accessibility, the default installation location has been set to C:PdMA Corporation.
- Due to diverse computer operating systems and browser versions, the installation may not proceed exactly as described below and some required responses may be slightly different.
- MCEGold Word Add-in is only compatible with MS Word 2007 and 2013. MCEGold Word Add-in is NOT compatible with MS Word 2010. Templates created with other versions of MS Word may not be functional and can cause conflict with the MCEGold software.
- If you have any questions, please contact PdMA Technical Support at 813-621-6463 ext. 251.
Print Appropriate TechNote
|Version||Windows 10||Windows 7|
|MCEGold – Stand Alone||2301-S10||NOT Compatible|
|MCEGold – Network||2301-N10||NOT Compatible|
Download MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 (Windows 10)
- Close all open programs before beginning installation.
- Before proceeding, ensure you have the appropriate TechNote and these download instructions printed out.
- Before proceeding, refer to the appropriate TechNote, ensure you have performed all preparation tasks such as backing up databases, template and report files, and the probe file (Emaxprb.xml file only not the folder). For Network testers, ensure all field testers have been synchronized and the server database has been backed up. For all preparation instructions, refer to the appropriate Tech Note for you situation. Contact Technical Support if you have any questions (813-621-6463 ext. 251).
- Click the MCEGold 3.1.2 SP6 link located at the bottom of these instructions.
- If you have a security/virus program installed on your computer, you may see warning windows during the download and installation process. PdMA is unable to include any or all of the variations of windows you may see. Contact your IT department if you have any concerns.
- To answer the question “What do you want to do…”, Click Save As.
- In the Save As window, select a location to save the file, click Save.
- The download process will display in the window. NOTE: Depending on your Internet/network server connection this may take several minutes.
- When the process is complete, Click Open folder.
- Locate 18.104.22.168_SP6.exe and double click the icon.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- In the WinZip Self-Extractor window click Unzip.
- The MCEGold files will extract to the folder: C:MCEGold_Setup.
- When the WinZip Self-Extractor dialog window appears indicating file(s) unzipped successfully, click OK.
- When the files are unzipped, click Close in the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Using the Windows File Explorer, select the folder C:MCEGold_Setup. Find the Setup.exe file. Use this file when performing the installation instead of the USB Flash Drive as referred to in the TechNotes.
- Following the instructions in the appropriate TechNote for your situation, proceed with the MCEGold Installation.